The Eclectic Zone
Posts Tagged Social Media
This is how you Hype-Jack! The Tactics of a Smart Marketer
Posted by Ashish Bhagwat in Business, Innovation, Leadership, Marketing on November 19, 2012
Marketers are looking to create hype all the time. But, Smart Marketers are looking for the hype to hi-jack on. They just Hype-jack! The more official term for this phenomenon is “News-jacking”, but I somehow prefer “Hype-Jacking” for the intent, for the relevance today, and for the simple phonetics! As PBS demonstrated during the Presidential debate and Blendtec successfully did it amidst the Apple v/s Samsung battle; an effective hype-jacking may not be planned in advance, but can be achieved with a constant tab on the market, a spark of brilliance, and a rapid-fire action. […]
Apple, Big Bird, Blendtec, Business, content marketing, linkedin, Management, marketing, Marketing Tactics, Mitt Romney, Newsjacking, PBS, Romney, Samsung, Sesame Street, Social Marketing, Social Media, Trends, Twitter
Don’t Leverage Social Media for Customer Service, if this is what you do!
Posted by Ashish Bhagwat in BPM, Business, Leadership, Technology, Trends on November 6, 2012
It has become a “fashion” among Service Providers to use Social Media for Customer Service, or rather becoming an imperative. There’s no problem with the intent of leveraging “technology”, however, there are so many ways in which this goes horribly wrong. Couple of weeks back, I had a “temporary” issue in accessing certain websites through […]
Best practices, BPM, Business, Business Process Management, Customer Service, Lessons, linkedin, rant, Social Media, Technology, Trends
Content Marketing Strategy in Implementation, from Coca-Cola
Posted by Ashish Bhagwat in Innovation, Leadership, Marketing on October 8, 2012
The new business landscape demands for a different marketing approach. I’m an advocate of Content Marketing strategy (where fit), and have been often asked to explain what it is, how is it different from other stuff the company may be doing, and most important, how does it translate into the difference in implementation in a daily life of the organization. Truth be told, the proof of the marketing Pudding is in the eating and no matter how many times it is explained, one has to go through the motions to understand the implications of a Content Strategy versus the traditional marketing approaches.
However, this video set with Jonathan Mildenhall – Vice-President, Global Advertising Strategy and Creative Excellence at The Coca-Cola Company, is a terrific resource for anyone who wants to know What Content Strategy means, and how a conglomerate of the size of Coca Cola is translating the Content based Marketing Strategy into their plans. Worth every second of those 18 minutes!
Best practices, Business Strategy, Coca Cola, Content Excellence, content marketing, Content Strategy, Hubspot, Inbound Marketing, Jonathan Mildenhall, Leadership, Lessons, linkedin, marketing, Social Media
Dear LinkedIn, Rethink the Endorsements. You’re not Facebook or Twitter!
Posted by Ashish Bhagwat in Business, Human Behavior, Innovation, Leadership, Marketing, Technology on October 4, 2012
LinkedIn is a professional network. LinkedIn should want to improve credibility of the professional credentials & demographics that are recorded on LinkedIn, for the growth of their money-making businesses of “Jobs”, “networking”, and even “Ads”. Alas, Endorsements are targeted to something else altogether. Traffic & social plug, it seems. For the sanctity of professional credentials of millions of professionals who made you the leading professional network, LinkedIn needs to rethink the implementation of endorsements. This is net-net negative value right now!
Business Strategy, Facebook, linkedin, marketing, Promotion, Social Media, Social Networking, Technology, Twitter
Think again. Social Media is not a Job, it’s a Skill!
Posted by Ashish Bhagwat in Business, Human Behavior, Marketing, Technology on September 18, 2012
If I started off with saying Social Media is important for Businesses, I’d sound time-shifted backward by at least 2 years. Everyone knows that already. In the last year or so, I’ve not heard a single serious business that’s not trying to “do” some social media. They typically start with a Twitter Account, an FB […]
Business, Business Strategy, Digital Marketing, Facebook, Human Behavior, linkedin, marketing, Social Marketing, Social Media, Social Networking, Technology, Trends, Twitter
- Join 1,186 other subscribers
- Business (51)
- Entrepreneurship (4)
- Marketing (19)
- Trends (8)
- Innovation (24)
- Design (7)
- Leadership (42)
- Management (32)
- Life (17)
- Entertainment (3)
- Human Behavior (10)
- Philosophy (5)
- Technology (45)
- Architecture (18)
- BPM (31)
- Cloud Computing (11)
- Platform-as-a-Service (5)
- Business (51)
- 7 Habits of Effective Early-stage Entrepreneurs that are counter-productive to scale
- This is how you Hype-Jack! The Tactics of a Smart Marketer
- Don’t Leverage Social Media for Customer Service, if this is what you do!
- Why aren’t more developers creating serious Mobile App Products?
- Through the SEO maze, a good resource in Periodic Table of SEO Ranking Factors
ashish_bhagwat on twitter
- The latest The Eclectic Weekly! paper.li/ashish_bhagwat… #covidreliefnow 2 years ago
- The latest The Eclectic Weekly! paper.li/ashish_bhagwat… Thanks to @pacificleo 2 years ago
- The latest The Eclectic Weekly! paper.li/ashish_bhagwat… Thanks to @ValaAfshar #rip #cx 2 years ago
- The latest The Eclectic Weekly! paper.li/ashish_bhagwat… #machinelearning #devcommunity 2 years ago
- The latest The Eclectic Weekly! paper.li/ashish_bhagwat… Thanks to @digitalcloudgal #futurism #cybersecurity 2 years ago
- ACM Adaptive BPM Adaptive Process Management Amazon Apple Application Development April Fool's Day Aptitude Attitude BaaS Backend as a Service Best practices BPA BPM BPM COE BPMS Business Business Models Business Process Management Business Strategy Capex Case Management Charity Cloud COE Collaboration content marketing Decision Making Demand-Supply Enterprise Architecture Enterprise BPM Entreprenuership Euphemism Facebook Free Business Model Google Human Behavior J-I-T KTLO Leadership Lessons linkedin Long tail Longtail Management marketing MBaaS Motivation NGO Non-Profit NPO Opex OrangeScape Organization PaaS Performance Product Management Professionalism rant SaaS Social BPM Social CRM Social Marketing Social Media Social Networking Start-up Success Taboo target segment Technology Trends Twitter Update Workflow ZQEARKWAVWQK