The Eclectic Zone
Posts Tagged Social Networking
Dear LinkedIn, Rethink the Endorsements. You’re not Facebook or Twitter!
Posted by Ashish Bhagwat in Business, Human Behavior, Innovation, Leadership, Marketing, Technology on October 4, 2012
LinkedIn is a professional network. LinkedIn should want to improve credibility of the professional credentials & demographics that are recorded on LinkedIn, for the growth of their money-making businesses of “Jobs”, “networking”, and even “Ads”. Alas, Endorsements are targeted to something else altogether. Traffic & social plug, it seems. For the sanctity of professional credentials of millions of professionals who made you the leading professional network, LinkedIn needs to rethink the implementation of endorsements. This is net-net negative value right now!
Business Strategy, Facebook, linkedin, marketing, Promotion, Social Media, Social Networking, Technology, Twitter
Marketing Technology Landscape Supergraphic (2012)
Posted by Ashish Bhagwat in Business, Cloud Computing, Marketing, Technology, Trends on September 20, 2012
I’ve been trying to get my head around the Marketing ecosystem in order to figure out where the investments would make sense and how do the available options really tie together. And then, today, I came across this amazing capture of the Marketing Technology Landscape. Sharing along. (Click the image for larger, readable, view!) I’ve […]
Business, Business Strategy, CMO, Decision Making, linkedin, marketing, Marketing Technology, Social Networking, Trends
Think again. Social Media is not a Job, it’s a Skill!
Posted by Ashish Bhagwat in Business, Human Behavior, Marketing, Technology on September 18, 2012
If I started off with saying Social Media is important for Businesses, I’d sound time-shifted backward by at least 2 years. Everyone knows that already. In the last year or so, I’ve not heard a single serious business that’s not trying to “do” some social media. They typically start with a Twitter Account, an FB […]
Business, Business Strategy, Digital Marketing, Facebook, Human Behavior, linkedin, marketing, Social Marketing, Social Media, Social Networking, Technology, Trends, Twitter
Traffic isn’t everything!
Posted by Ashish Bhagwat in Business, Design, Marketing, Technology on August 14, 2012
Website Traffic is a popular benchmark. A simple Google search on “Website Traffic” returned me 1,010,000,000 results just now. Yes, A Billion. But, traffic isn’t everything. As per Alexa, Facebook tops globally in terms of traffic. Google & YouTube follow. Then there’s Yahoo, Wikipedia, Twitter, and Amazon in the top 10. However, traffic means different […]
Best practices, Business, content marketing, Lead Generation, linkedin, marketing, Marketing Funnel, revenue generation, Social Networking, Technology
Top Game-Changer Trends You Can’t Ignore
Posted by Ashish Bhagwat in Business, Cloud Computing, Design, Innovation, Leadership, Management, Marketing, Technology, Trends on April 30, 2012
I’m no crystal gazer, and this is no crystal gazing. The reality is upon us already. Certain keywords and phrases have kept popping in my head for sometime now. I see them everywhere. There’s plenty of evidence already that the world is going through disruptions at various levels. These trends are touching everyone’s life. Well, I’m […]
Business, Business Models, Careers, Disruption, Leadership, linkedin, Mobility, Social Networking, Technology, The Future, Trends
Don Your Green and Blue Hats, BPM-the-Social-Way is much more!
Posted by Ashish Bhagwat in Architecture, BPM, Business, Innovation, Leadership, Management, Technology on May 20, 2010
Any-whichever way we look at it, technologically or as a way to make businesses better, BPM-the-social-way is much more than what “Social BPM” seems right now… time to don the Green and Blue Hats!
BPM, Business Process Management, Collaboration, Collaborative Process Design, linkedin, Management, Process Discovery, Social BPM, Social Networking, Technology
Will Social Networking Wave Wash Away Centers of Excellence?
Posted by Ashish Bhagwat in BPM, Business, Innovation, Leadership, Management, Technology on April 19, 2010
Theo Priestly brought up a stirring point and claimed that social wave while removing silos will also bring the extinction of the COEs. Well, I disagree. In this post I cover the premise of BPM COE, and the the reasons I do not believe that BPM COEs could get washed away with the social wave.
Best practices, BPM, BPM COE, Business, Business Process Management, COE, Collaboration, Enterprise BPM, Human Behavior, linkedin, Management, Social BPM, Social Networking, Technology, ZQEARKWAVWQK
Avalanche Marketing – Groupthink in Action
Posted by Ashish Bhagwat in Business, Entertainment, Innovation, Leadership, Management, Marketing on April 6, 2010
Groupthink in action. How is one not going to like iPad?! The whole world loves it, and it’s from Apple!!! How much of that is first-hand reaction? Well, when an avalanche with tonnes of snow heads your way, you wouldn’t want to think of the gunshot that triggered it! This is Avalanche Marketing!!! Better get used to it and use it too.
Apple, Avalanche Marketing, Avatar, Business, Groupthink, Human Behavior, iPad, Justin Bieber, linkedin, Management, marketing, Social Networking
Social is a Phenomenon, not another Discipline/Practice!
Posted by Ashish Bhagwat in BPM, Business, Technology on March 25, 2010
Yesterday in Forrester #crmjam on Twitter, Social (networking, not cause!) aspects got a lot of attention. One of the converging points, as per Theo, is around social BPM and social CRM. This is correct, however, IMO, Social is a Phenomenon and not a discipline. What should remain – when we are done with this phenomenon – is the set of disciplines that are better placed to collaborate and synergize toward customer centricity.
BPM, Business, Collaboration, Customer-centricity, Enterprise BPM, linkedin, Social BPM, Social CRM, Social Networking, Technology
- Join 1,186 other subscribers
- Business (51)
- Entrepreneurship (4)
- Marketing (19)
- Trends (8)
- Innovation (24)
- Design (7)
- Leadership (42)
- Management (32)
- Life (17)
- Entertainment (3)
- Human Behavior (10)
- Philosophy (5)
- Technology (45)
- Architecture (18)
- BPM (31)
- Cloud Computing (11)
- Platform-as-a-Service (5)
- Business (51)
- 7 Habits of Effective Early-stage Entrepreneurs that are counter-productive to scale
- This is how you Hype-Jack! The Tactics of a Smart Marketer
- Don’t Leverage Social Media for Customer Service, if this is what you do!
- Why aren’t more developers creating serious Mobile App Products?
- Through the SEO maze, a good resource in Periodic Table of SEO Ranking Factors
ashish_bhagwat on twitter
- The latest The Eclectic Weekly! paper.li/ashish_bhagwat… #covidreliefnow 2 years ago
- The latest The Eclectic Weekly! paper.li/ashish_bhagwat… Thanks to @pacificleo 2 years ago
- The latest The Eclectic Weekly! paper.li/ashish_bhagwat… Thanks to @ValaAfshar #rip #cx 2 years ago
- The latest The Eclectic Weekly! paper.li/ashish_bhagwat… #machinelearning #devcommunity 2 years ago
- The latest The Eclectic Weekly! paper.li/ashish_bhagwat… Thanks to @digitalcloudgal #futurism #cybersecurity 2 years ago
- ACM Adaptive BPM Adaptive Process Management Amazon Apple Application Development April Fool's Day Aptitude Attitude BaaS Backend as a Service Best practices BPA BPM BPM COE BPMS Business Business Models Business Process Management Business Strategy Capex Case Management Charity Cloud COE Collaboration content marketing Decision Making Demand-Supply Enterprise Architecture Enterprise BPM Entreprenuership Euphemism Facebook Free Business Model Google Human Behavior J-I-T KTLO Leadership Lessons linkedin Long tail Longtail Management marketing MBaaS Motivation NGO Non-Profit NPO Opex OrangeScape Organization PaaS Performance Product Management Professionalism rant SaaS Social BPM Social CRM Social Marketing Social Media Social Networking Start-up Success Taboo target segment Technology Trends Twitter Update Workflow ZQEARKWAVWQK